Collins Adapt Terms and Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which you (you/yours) subscribe to the Collins Adapt service and the terms on which we supply you with the content listed on our website https://www.collinsadapt.co.uk (Site). Please read these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) carefully before subscribing to the Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference
1 INFORMATION ABOUT US
This website is a site operated by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (HarperCollins/we/us/ours). We are registered in Scotland under company number 27389 and with our registered office at HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, Westerhill Road, BishopsBriggs, Glasgow, G64 2QT. Our VAT number is 2596397062.
2 SITE AVAILABILITY
The Site is intended for use by individuals who are resident in the UK and internationally.2. YOUR STATUS
3 YOUR STATUS
By placing an order through our Site, you agree that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You will comply with the restrictions on your use of the Site as set out in these Terms and Conditions
4 HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
SUBSCRIBING TO THE SITE
- After placing an order for one or more subscriptions, your order will be processed. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a subscription. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms your order and giving details on how to activate your subscription. The contract between us and you (Contract) will only be formed when we send you this confirmation email.
- When your order for paid subscriptions has been accepted you will receive an e-mail from us confirming acceptance and the start date of the subscription service. We will take money from your account as an upfront payment or on a regular basis depending on the option you have chosen. Should you wish to cancel your subscription at any point you will need to follow the subscription termination process. If you do not cancel your subscription at the end of its term the subscription will automatically renew and we will automatically issue a confirmation email and deduct payment for the subscription from your account.
5 SUBSCRIPTION LICENCE TERMS
- HarperCollins grants you a non-exclusive licence to access the content on the Site on the following terms.
- The content contained on the Site may only be streamed through the Site and cannot be downloaded. To access the Site you will be supplied with an account when you buy your subscription. The account will be accessed via a unique user-name and password (for more information see the Security and Privacy section below.). Each account is granted on a one-account one-user basis i.e. the account holder may not share their account details with anyone else, and all individuals who access the Site must have their own valid account.
- The Licence to access the account is personal to the individual that purchased it or if multiple accounts have been purchased by a school the school in question may allocate individual accounts to teachers or students of that school (each a “Licensee”). The Licensee shall be entitled to access and use their account for private, domestic or educational purposes, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- HarperCollins grants additional privileges to teachers to assist with the teaching of their students.
- The individual packages on the Site will usually contain modules which will contain one or more topics and each topic may be further divided into sub-topics. Where the Licensee is a teacher the Licensee may display on an electronic whiteboard or print copies of the sub-topics for display/ distribution amongst the teacher’s students. The Licensee may also print copies of tests that appear on the Site for distribution amongst students of the Licensee’s school.
- The additional licence for teachers to allow them to distribute sub-topics is not intended to replace the need for students to have their own account to access the Site. If HarperCollins deems, in its sole opinion, that any Licensee is abusing the terms of this licence it reserves the right to charge to invoice the Licensee’s school for an appropriate number of additional account licences.
General Licence Terms
- No part of the Site content may be reproduced or stored in any system nor may any of its pages or parts thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form nor be included in any public electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission from us. Copying or reproducing software to any other server or location is expressly prohibited. We do not permit any part of the Site to be cached in proxy servers.
- You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play for the purpose of public use or for the purpose of commercial exploitation this Site or any part thereof. You are not permitted to adapt, change or incorporate with any other work in any way the content of the Site or any of our products for any other purpose whatsoever without prior written permission from us. All commercial purposes including but not limited to altering, cropping, printing and other treatment of all or any part of any artwork, images, or text held in the Site and the lending, networking, resale, remote access and inclusion on a bulletin board of the Service or any of its content.
- All moral rights of artists and all other contributors to the Site are hereby asserted.
6 OUR STATUS
- We may also provide links on our Site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any guarantee that products you receive from companies who advertise, or to whose website we have provided a link on, our site will be of satisfactory quality, and any such guarantees are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the companies who advertise on the site.
- We reserve the right to change the web address via which the Site is accessed and to assign new login details to the Licensee should such a change occur. This will not affect the validity or duration of the License.
7 PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of any subscription will be as quoted on our Site from time to time and will include VAT.
- We reserve the right to change subscription prices at any time and we will notify you in advance of any price increases by placing a notice on the Site, but these changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Our Site contains various subscription models and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the subscription packages listed on our Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a subscription’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when setting up your account. If a subscription’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before setting up your account, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the subscription to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- Payment for all subscriptions must be by school account, credit card, debit card or by PayPal unless we have invoiced your school and the invoice allows other methods of payment. We will not charge you until we despatch your order or until your subscription starts.
8 YOUR RIGHTS
CANCELLING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION – PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS
- When you purchase your subscription you agree that our service of delivering the subscription to the Site will begin as soon as we send you the email confirming your purchase of the subscription and you will therefore not have the right to cancel your purchase of the subscription under distance selling legislation once you have purchased your subscription. You do not have the right to cancel your purchase of the subscription once you have purchased your subscription unless the subscription is faulty or does not meet the description given on the Site at the time you place your order. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for your subscription in accordance with our refunds policy.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription at any point must contact us via email@example.com and your subscription will terminate when your next subscription fee payment is due, and no further payments will be deducted.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to affect these statutory rights. For more information about your statutory rights contact your local citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
CANCELLING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION – SCHOOLS
- If you wish to cancel your subscription at any point you must contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and your subscription will terminate when your next subscription fee payment is due, and no further payments will be deducted unless the subscription is faulty or does not meet the description given on the Site at the time you place your order. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for your subscription in accordance with our refunds policy.
9 OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- Where we agree to a refund we will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were granted a refund for the subscription. Subscriptions cancelled by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you.
- We will not refund subscription fees unless you cancel your subscription within the first seven days of subscribing.
- We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
10 OUR RESPONSIBILITY
- We guarantee to you that any subscription accessed from us through our Site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
- Our responsibility to you for supplying any subscription which is not reasonably fit for its purpose is limited to the price you paid for the Product you purchased only.
- This does not include or limit our responsibility to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence by us, our employees or agents.
- We are not responsible for damage to your computer or loss of data that results from your use of the Site and we cannot guarantee that any files that you download are free from viruses, contamination or other destructive features. We use all reasonable efforts to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to Our attention, We do not guarantee that the information on the Site itself will be free from errors.
- We do not guarantee that the Site will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, for maintenance or repair or for other reasons.
- All content and services on the Site are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not make any guarantee about the Site or its content or give any guarantee in respect of the Site including, any advice given (on a personal or general basis) and/or statements made by advertisers on or via the Site. Nothing in this clause shall restrict your statutory rights (including your rights to receive a reasonable standard of service).
11 SECURITY AND PRIVACY
- In order to purchase a Product from the site you may be required to set up an account. When you set up an account with the Site you will need to pick a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Site and will not be liable where your password or username is used by someone else. You agree to notify us immediately by email to email@example.com of any unauthorised use of your password or username of which you become aware. If you are registering on behalf of a school or other institution you may receive several usernames. Each individual is responsible for maintaining their own username and password and may only use them in relation to their role at the registered institution.
- On occasion in order to process your sale your personal data might be sent outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by placing your order you agree to a transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA solely for the purpose of fulfilling your order.
- We will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. There may be other circumstances in which We may be required by law to disclose information about you or your use of the Site.
12 COMPETITIONS AND PROMOTIONAL OFFERS
- From time to time we may offer you the chance to enter competitions or take up certain promotional offers. We will alert you to any specific terms which apply to such competitions or promotions at the relevant time.
13 CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We may from time to time make changes to these Terms & Conditions, for example if there is a change of law or if we are providing new services. These changes will take effect from the date the updated Terms & Conditions are posted onto the site. We recommend that you check the site from time to time to see if the Terms & Conditions have changed. If you continue to use our services after the Terms & Conditions have changed you will be bound by those changes.
- You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force on the site at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
14 WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our site. By using the site you agree to this electronic means of communication and you agree we may send all contracts, notices, information and other communications to you electronically. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All correspondence sent by you to us must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org OR HarperCollins, The News Building, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF. We may respond to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or by any other method where you have provided us with contact details. Any correspondence to us must be sent to the correct address.
16 TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- This agreement between you and us is binding on you and us. We may use other companies to help us fulfil your order from time to time.
17 EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be responsible for any failure to send you, or delay in sending you any Product that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes events beyond our reasonable control, including for example postal strikes, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or any acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government or regulatory body.
- If there is a Force Majeure Event your order or subscription may be suspended whilst the Force Majeure Event continues and we will have an extension of time to deliver your Product until the Force Majeure Event ends, or you cancel your order or resume providing your subscription. If a Force Majeure Event continues for one (1) month or longer you may cancel your subscription or order on written notice.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court or a regulator to be invalid or unenforceable then that provision will be removed from these Terms and Conditions and all the other provisions shall continue to apply.
19 BUSINESS TRANSFERS
20 LAW AND JURISDICTION
- In the event of any dispute between you and us concerning these Terms and Conditions, the laws of England and Wales will apply. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within England and Wales.
This policy was last updated on 17 June 2022.